Existing Supply Chain
As per an IATA study conducted by KPMG in March’16
- 90% of the Time of Air cargo transportation is spent on ground.
- Maximum pilferage & damage to air cargo takes place in the warehouse awaiting departure or delivery.
- Storage and Palletisation of air cargo is a defined subject and algorithms can be used.
- Most cargo operators in India do not have dedicated space on any airlines at all.
- Bulk of these cargo operators operate at the mercy of console agents.
- Airline space is both perishable and costly.
- Cargo wrongly stored or warehouse system not properly set-up and managed leads to damages to cargo and resultant higher handling/ distribution costs.
- Air Cargo is usually sensitive to handling, specialized items like:-
- Vulnerable shipments require specialized handling.
- An e2e supply chain is a pre-requisite for efficient and cost effective air cargo operations.
- Security concerns have increased the number of handlings and average time of cargo on ground.